Report Published: "Serbia Defence & Security Report 2015"
Fast Market Research recommends "Serbia Defence & Security Report 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
[USPRwire, Wed Jan 21 2015] We expect Serbia to spend up to USD988mn on defence in 2014. On average, since the start of this decade, between the years 2011 and 2013, Serbia has spent an average of USD918.3mn on defence annually. We expect defence spending to fluctuate for the remainder of our forecast period, up to and including 2019, with Serbia spending an average of USD1bn on defence throughout this period. Defence spending in Serbia is expected to reach USD1bn by 2019.
Serbia maintains a significantly sized defence industry, considering the size of the country. This is a legacy from Yugoslavia's status as a non-aligned power during the Cold War, when a policy of self-sufficiency in armaments product was maintained. The country's defence industry makes significant exports of materiel around the world. In particular, it is a supplier of reliable yet comparatively inexpensive small arms and light weapons to many countries throughout Africa, and also in the Asia-Pacific and Latin American regions. Regarding defence imports, the value of Serbian imports of materiel have broadly reduced between 2011 and 2013. On average, the country has performed defence imports worth USD2.9mn annually between 2011 and 2013. We expect the value of Serbia's defence imports to reach on average USD2.5mn annually up to 2019.
Full Report Details at
We have given Serbia an overall security risk index of 62 for Q115. On average, Serbia has scored an overall security risk index of 56 for the period November 2007 up to and including Q115. We believe that Serbia faces a moderate risk of experiencing a major terrorist attack, we believe this to be the case regarding the country's susceptibility to criminal activity.
The Serbia Defence & Security Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent forecasts for national and international security, the defence industry, military expenditure, employment in arms production, and arms imports and exports, as well as examining industry trends and prospects, national and multinational arms producers and the regulatory environment.
BMI's Serbia Defence & Security Report provides professionals, consultancies, government departments, regulatory bodies and researchers with independent forecasts and regional competitive intelligence on the Serbian defence and security industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent defence and security industry forecasts on Serbia to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Serbian defence and security market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Asia defence and security sector through reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Asia.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Germany Defence & Security Report Q1 2015
- United Kingdom Defence & Security Report Q1 2015
- France Defence & Security Report Q1 2015
- Greece Defence & Security Report Q1 2015
- Spain Defence & Security Report Q1 2015