New Study: Slovakia Defence & Security Report 2016
New Defense research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Fri Dec 04 2015] We expect Slovakia's defence budget to start rising again - albeit modestly - in 2016, after a period of decline following the global financial crisis. This slight increase will be driven by the need to modernise the Slovak armed forces in order to comply with requirements attached to EU and NATO membership, particularly in terms of efficiency and interoperability. The government is likely to focus spending on the replacement of ageing equipment (primarily in the land segment over the short term, and the aerospace segment over the medium-to-long term), while investment into development of the domestic defence sector will remain limited. Consequently, we expect foreign arms suppliers to capture a large share of the country's defence procurement contracts over the next five years.
Full Report Details at
Slovakia's domestic defence sector - while substantial in terms of size when the territory was still part of Czechoslovakia - has seen very little development since the country gained independence in 1993. Moreover, the budget cuts that Bratislava had to make in the years after the global financial crisis hit the local industry hard. Consequently, the Slovak defence sector remains dominated by a number of small companies focusing on relatively low-tech segments in which they have an established presence - such as light arms and ammunition and armoured vehicles. We do not expect this to change over our forecast period to 2019, as Slovakia's 2013 Defence White Paper does not outline a strategy for development of the local military manufacturing base.
The Slovakia Defence & Security Report features BMI Research's independent forecasts for national and international security, the defence industry, military expenditure, employment in arms production, and arms imports and exports, as well as examining industry trends and prospects, national and multinational arms producers and the regulatory environment.
BMI's Slovakia Defence & Security Report provides professionals, consultancies, government departments, regulatory bodies and researchers with independent forecasts and regional competitive intelligence on the Slovak defence and security industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent defence and security industry forecasts on Slovakia to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Slovak defence and security market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Asia defence and security sector through reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Asia.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
Global and Regional Political Outlooks
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Defence & Security Report 2016
- Slovenia Defence & Security Report 2016
- Mexico Defence & Security Report 2016
- Belarus Defence & Security Report 2016
- Argentina Defence & Security Report 2016