PTSD & Substance Abuse: Dual Diagnosis Overview & Treatment Course
The National Association for Continuing Education (NACE) announces new CE courses for psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists, and licensed mental health professionals.
[USPRwire, Mon May 24 2010] The National Association for Continuing Education (NACE) announces new CE courses for psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists, and licensed mental health professionals.
With online continuing education booming, NACE has responded to the requests of members to provide more online courses on post-traumatic stress disorders. NACE now offers the following new online course at www.naceonline.com.
PTSD & Substance Abuse: Dual Diagnosis Overview & Treatment– 1 Credit
This course discusses the complex relationship between trauma/PTSD and substance use disorders and provides a background for understanding comorbid PTSD and substance abuse. Topics covered include assessment, practice guidelines, common issues and their implications for treatment, and empirically-based treatment considerations in traumatized/PTSD individuals.
This program is available for 1 continuing education (CE) credit.
Completing this program should:
1. Relate the complexity of the interaction and rates of PTSD and its comorbidity
with substance abuse
2. Implement current practice guidelines and assessment issues related to PTSD and
3. Examine treatment goals and problems when working with this dually diagnosed population
Mental health providers can search online at NACEonline.com to see the requirements for their state and their profession (http://www.naceonline.com/state_ce.php?sid=29e56bfffe131ae58a869bcd0e90830b)
* NACE is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
* NACE is recognized by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) to offer continuing education for National Certified Counselors.
* NACE, provider #1086, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB)
* NACE is an approved provider of home study CE for the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling, Provider number BAP #687. (Exp. 3/31/2011).
* NACE is approved by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences to offer Continuing Education to both MFT's and LCSW's,. Provider Number TCE2541.
* NACE is approved by the Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists to provide continuing education activities for marriage and family therapists. Provider Number 531. (Exp. 3/31/2010)
* These Continuing Education certifications are also honored by many state boards of Marriage and Family Counseling and Licensed Professional Counselors. Please check with your individual state board or call NACE at 1-866-266-6223
* NACE is approved as a Continuing Education Home Study Provider by the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) Provider # 000429. (Exp. 10/31/2010).