"Kuwait Information Technology Report Q1 2015" Published
Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Kuwait Information Technology Report Q1 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Fri Jan 02 2015] The regional security situation, particularly the deterioration in neighbouring Iraq, presents downside risk to our core outlook for the IT market in Kuwait to continue expanding each year over our medium - term forecast to 2018 . Nonetheless, we expect it to remain one of the most lucrative markets in the region in per - capita terms. Kuwait had one of the highest GDP per capita levels in the world at the end of 2014 and, with only 2% of its population residing in rural areas, the retail hardware market has proved fertile ground for premium vendors such as Apple . As a result, we are confident that IT spending will continue to increase over our forecast period, projected to come in at KWD332mn in 2015, an increase of 4.0 % from 2014 .
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer Hardware Sales: KWD161mn in 2014 to KWD165mn in 2015, +2.8% in local currency terms. Tablet market is expected to plateau due to saturation and weaker upgrade demand, but notebook sales are expected to grow, and the premium focus of Kuwaiti consumers will ensure it remains a lucrative market.
* Software Sales: KWD57mn in 2014 to KWD60mn in 2015, +6.2% in local currency terms. Piracy is a major drag on growth, while there will also have been a slight slowdown in growth in 2014 when the withdrawal of Microsoft support for XP boosted OS upgrade spending.
* IT Services Sales: KWD101mn in 2014 to KWD106mn in 2015, a 4.8% increase in local currency terms. Cloud computing, e-government and machine-to-machine services are identified as key growth areas over the medium term.
Full Report Details at
Key Trends And Developments
Kuwait is one of the most developed tablet markets globally. BMI estimates tablet penetration reached 37.5% at the end of 2014, up 7.5 percentage points (pp) year-on-year and up from 18% at the end of 2012. The rapid increase in penetration has corresponded to a sharp increase in volumes but, as a result of the short and sharp boom, it is one of the...
The Kuwait Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Kuwait Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Kuwait.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Venezuela Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Argentina Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Malaysia Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Thailand Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- China Information Technology Report Q1 2015