"ICT Investment Trends in Pharmaceuticals" Published
Enterprise ICT spending patterns through to the end of 2016
[USPRwire, Fri Dec 04 2015] The pharmaceutical industry is in the midst of fundamental changes, brought on by the increasing concerns over the expiry of patents, weak product pipelines, and competition from generics. However, increasing prosperity in emerging markets is creating new avenues for pharmaceutical companies to increase their top-line growth. Thus, to meet the challenges and exploit the opportunities, pharmaceutical companies are increasingly looking towards advanced technologies to stay ahead of the intense competition in the field.
* To offset declining sales from the patent cliff, companies are expanding into emerging markets in order to increase their market share, which is in turn leading to increasing investments in their core ICT categories of hardware, software, and IT services.
* Kable expects mobility and cloud computing to gain momentum in the next two years, and companies are set to increase spending on these advance technologies in order to enhance their competitiveness.
* Meanwhile, pharmaceutical companies are prioritizing their ICT investments relating to clinical and pre-clinical research to drive future RandD requirements.
Full Report Details at
ICT investment trends in pharmaceuticals presents the findings from a survey of 95 pharmaceutical companies regarding their Information and Communications Technology (ICT) investment trends. The survey investigates how pharmaceutical companies currently allocate their ICT budgets across the core areas of enterprise ICT expenditure: hardware, software, IT services, communications, and consulting.
The report illustrates the core technologies banks are investing in, including business intelligence, mobility and cloud computing. Understand the approach adopted by pharmaceutical companies to purchase technology and get a better insight into ICT vendors and services providers when pitching their solutions to pharmaceutical companies. The report also focuses on pharmaceutical companies' ICT spending trends for specific business systems, identifying the top three IT projects, and understanding the business challenges faced by companies.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
* How ICT budgets are set to change in 2015 in terms of their overall size
* Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting
* Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers
* Which ICT functions pharmaceutical companies are interested in outsourcing
* Pharmaceuticals' investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as business intelligence, mobility, and cloud computing
* Factors that are influencing pharmaceutical companies' investments in each technology category
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- ICT investment trends in Ireland; Enterprise ICT spending patterns through to the end of 2016
- ICT investment trends in Singapore and Malaysia; Enterprise ICT spending patterns through to the end of 2016
- ICT investment trends in Belgium; Enterprise ICT spending patterns through to the end of 2016 June
- ICT investment trends in Turkey; Enterprise ICT spending patterns through to the end of 2016
- ICT investment trends in financial markets ; Enterprise ICT spending patterns through to the end of 2016