"United States Telecommunications Report Q2 2015" is now available at Fast Market Research
New Fixed Networks market report from Business Monitor International: "United States Telecommunications Report Q2 2015"
[USPRwire, Mon Apr 13 2015] Although France's Iliad had its offer for T-Mobile USA rebuffed and Softbank - Sprint have not returned with an improved offer of their own, we sti ll expect to see further consolidation in the US mobile mark et in the near future . Mexico-based América M ó vil is the latest prospective investor to be set up by the media as a candidate to take on the belligerent 'uncarrier'. Although it is the smallest of the four national operators, T-Mobile is far from unattractive and would complement América M ó vil's US MVNO business, Tracfone . In the meantime, Spri nt is said to be considering the purchase of 4G MV NO Freedompop , a clear sign that its ambitions remain r ooted in the low-value market. Price-based competition will dra g mobile ARPUs down o ver the 2014-2018 period and not even AT&T and Verizon's TV-led converged service strategies will avert this scenario.
Full Report Details at
* BMI forecasts a mobile subscription base of 343.0mn by 2014, up by 2.2% y-o-y, despite negative growth in Q114. The maturity of the market counts against steady upward growth and operators will increasingly cannibalise existing business by migrating customers to higher value plans, including 4G-based subscriptions. The market will support 361.9mn subscriptions by 2018.
* The broadband market will serve 164.9mn subscriptions by the end of 2014, a y-o-y increase of 12.0%. The increased take-up of on-demand streamed video services such as those provided by Netflix, HBO and the traditional pay-TV operators will continue driving demand for high-speed accesses. By 2018, there will be 209.3mn broadband subscriptions.
Key Trends & Developments
In early December 2014, Verizon and AT&T both released statements stating their margins had been hurt by the intense competition for new subscribers. All players had been increasing their competitive offerings as part of a wider price war. Verizon noted that its Q414 results would reflect market...
The United States Telecommunications Report features BMI Research's independent industry forecasts on the future strength of United States's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's United States Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in United States.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United Kingdom Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- United States Country Risk Report Q2 2015
- United States Insurance Report Q2 2015
- United States Agribusiness Report Q2 2015
- United States Tourism Report Q2 2015