Venezuela: Long-Awaited 4G spectrum Available, but Operators Face Uphill Battle to Build Coverage
Recently published research from Pyramid Research, "Venezuela: Long-Awaited 4G spectrum Available, but Operators Face Uphill Battle to Build Coverage", is now available at Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Sun Apr 12 2015] 'Venezuela: Long-Awaited 4G spectrum Available, but Operators Face Uphill Battle to Build Coverage,' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Venezuela's mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Venezuelan market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony and broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, in addition to a review of key regulatory trends.
Full Report Details at
* The Venezuelan telecom services market recorded total revenue of $14.0bn in 2014. Over the next five years, in US dollar terms, Venezuela's total market revenue will shrink at a CAGR of -4.4% to reach $11.2bn in 2019 (in local currency terms, the telecom services market will grow at a five-year CAGR of 22.1%).
* Fixed broadband penetration of population stood at 8.0% at year-end 2014, which translates into 2.4m lines. We expect broadband lines to reach 3.7m by year-end 2019, a penetration rate of 11.2% of the population. Much of the growth will be driven by Cantv reaching previously unserved areas of the country with comparably affordable xDSL-based prepaid and postpaid plans.
* After many delays, the long-awaited 4G auction in Venezuela took place in December 2014 (originally announced for year-end 2013). Movistar secured 20MHz and 40MHz of spectrum in the AWS and 2.5GHz bands, respectively. Movilnet secured 20MHz in the AWS band, while DirecTV secured 40MHz in the 2.5GHz band.
* During 2014, pay-TV operators in Venezuela faced significant challenges to obtain foreign currency for the purchase of content and new set-top boxes. Despite this, pay-TV subscriptions registered year-on-year growth of 10.9% in 2014, to reach 4.6m and a household penetration of 69.3%, well above the region's average of 41.3%.
"Venezuela: Long-Awaited 4G spectrum Available, but Operators Face Uphill Battle to Build Coverage" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Venezuela today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Venezuela's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
* Venezuela in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
* Economic, demographic and political context in Venezuela.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Small Cell Backhaul Market - Worldwide Market Forecasts and Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Australia - Mobile Communications - Statistics and Forecasts
- Asia - Mobile Data and Wireless Broadband Market
- Panama: Operators Await Release of 700MHz Spectrum to Drive 4G Adoption and Revenue
- LTE Business Models - Best Practices in Network Deployment, Positioning and Service Pricing