Report Published: "West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q2 2015"
Fast Market Research recommends "West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q2 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
[USPRwire, Thu Mar 19 2015] Our Q115 West and Central Africa report analyses latest industry, regulatory and macroeconomic developments in the telecoms markets of seven countries: Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Gabon, Mali, Mauritania and Senegal. As mobile subscriptions growth slows down in these markets, operators will increasingly shift their resources towards advanced data services to sustain revenue growth. Their efforts will be complemented by the proliferation of low-cost smartphones and tablets as well as cheaper and more reliable access to international bandwidth connectivity via submarine cables.
* The average mobile market growth for the seven countries in our coverage in Q314 was 4.1%. The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) recorded the highest growth rate during the quarter, while Senegal recorded negative growth.
Full Report Details at
* The average mobile penetration for the seven countries in our report was 105.6% at the end of 9M14. Gabon had the highest penetration rate at 177.6%, while the DRC had the lowest at 52.8%.
* Cote d'Ivoire and Senegal reported sharp contractions in the fixed-line sector in Q314, signalling the onset of fixed-to-mobile substitution in those markets .
Key Trends & Developments
Senegal's telecoms regulator Telecommunications and Post Regulatory Authority announced in late December 2014 that mobile number portability will be available to mobile subscribers by the end of February 2015, following a year-long process of establishing guidelines, implementing the technology and negotiating tariffs with operators.
Viettel-backed Nexttel will soon lose its exclusive rights to offer 3G services in Cameroon as the Minister of Posts and Telecommunications, Jean-Pierre Biyiti Bi-Essam, said negotiations were ongoing with rival players MTN and Orange. A fourth operating licence was awarded at the end of September 2014 to the fixed-line incumbent Cameroon Telecommunications (CamTel). Nexttel and the two incumbent...
The West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report features BMI Research's independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Cote d`Ivoire, Cameroon, Gabon, Mauritania, Senegal, Congo, Mali's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- West & Central Africa Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- South Africa Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- China Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Czech Republic Telecommunications Report Q2 2015