Now Available: Norway Telecommunications Report Q4 2015
Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Norway Telecommunications Report Q4 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Tue Sep 22 2015] The Norwegian mobile market has effectively become a two-player market, despite the conditions given to ICE as part of the TeliaSonera/Tele2 deal. Telenor continues to be the dominant player across all telecoms sectors (fixed and mobile), and its greater focus on fibre services recently will help continue its leadership. As the market will not compete on price, more innovative services should appear, benefiting consumers, with Telenor's scale giving it an advantage in future drivers, such as connected objects. Its main risk is regulation, as its losses in the fixed voice segment are due to its inability to bundle that service.
The mobile market has stayed stable between 5.8mn and 5.9mn subscribers since early 2013, with the main driver not being extra connections but greater usage per connection, especially data
Full Report Details at
The wireline market continues to decline in the voice segment, because of Telenor being prevented to launch converged services through its dominant position. The broadband market is growing, but there is substitution from DSL and mobile to fibre and cable.
Norway ranks sixth (out of 20) in BMI's Q415 Risk Reward Index, with a telecoms score of 59.3, above the regional average of 57.5. The country suffered a small decline in its country risks score this quarter, but its main weakness relates to its low industry rewards score, because of the saturation of the mobile market.
The Norway Telecommunications Report features BMI Research's independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Norway's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Norway Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Norway.
* Benchmark BMI's independent telecoms industry forecasts for Norway to test other views - a key input for successful budgeting and strategic business planning in the Norwegian telecoms market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in Norway's telecoms sector through our reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Norway.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. SWOTs, KPIs and latest activity).
BMI Industry View
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar Telecommunications Report Q4 2015
- Central America Telecommunications Report Q4 2015
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q4 2015
- Turkey Telecommunications Report Q4 2015
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q4 2015