New Market Research Report: Cameroon: 3G and 4G Rollout to Drive the Telecom Market
Fast Market Research recommends "Cameroon: 3G and 4G Rollout to Drive the Telecom Market" from Pyramid Research, now available
[USPRwire, Thu Feb 18 2016] Pyramid Research estimates Cameroon will generate telecom service revenue of $1.1bn in 2015. Over the next five years, we estimate total market revenue will increase at a CAGR of 11.0% in dollar terms to reach $1.9bn in 2020. The growth rate will be higher versus other countries in the region like Cote d'Ivoire (9.6%), DRC (9.2%) and Uganda (8.6%). This growth will be driven by mobile voice and mobile data with the 2015 launch of 3G services by MTN Cameroon and Orange Cameroon, and Camtel's re-entry into the mobile market after being awarded a mobile license in 2014. Additionally, completion of the WACS submarine cable in July 2015 and government investment in Internet exchange points will boost growth in the fixed segment.
* Pyramid Research expects total telecom revenue to grow at a CAGR of 11.0% during 2015-2020 to reach $1.9bn. The fixed-mobile revenue split will continue to be dominated by mobile, with mobile's share of total service revenue increasing from 80.6% in 2015 to 86.1% in 2020. Operator expansion of 3G services, MTN Cameroon's launch of 4G services and Camtel's re-entry into the mobile market will drive this growth.
* The top two operators, MTN Cameroon and MTN Orange, which provide mobile voice and data services, will account for 75.4% of overall service revenue in 2015. Operators are investing heavily in their network coverage and quality of services due to increased competition. The expected launch of mobile number portability (MNP) over the forecast period will further stimulate competition.
* Over the next five years, operators should seize opportunities related to 3G rollouts by providing bundled offers targeted at specific customer segments and localised content to cater to increasing data demands. Network vendors should position themselves to support operators' 3G and 4G expansion plans. Smartphone vendors also have an opportunity to capitalise on a rapidly growing mobile subscriber base.
Full Report Details at
"Cameroon: 3G and 4G Rollout to Drive the Telecom Market" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Cameroon today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the telecom market of Cameroon, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
* Cameroon in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
* Economic, demographic and political context in Cameroon.
* The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans and more.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Iraq: 3G Rollout to Drive Telecom Market
- Morocco: Broadband Services via 3G, 4G, ADSL and Fiber Will Drive Telecom Market Growth
- Mobile Broadband in Southeast Asia: Adoption and Usage Trends and Operator Strategy
- Asia - Mobile Data and Wireless Broadband Market
- Thailand: Operator and Government Fixed and Mobile Investment to Drive Data-Centric Telecom Growth