New Indian telecom research report from Pyramid Research is now available
India: Data-driven Spectrum Acquisitions Leading to Consolidation are Set to Transform the Telecom Market in India
[USPRwire, Thu Feb 25 2016] India has the fourth-largest telecom market in the APAC region and is estimated to generate telecom service revenue of $51.2bn by 2020. Mobile data will contribute nearly 23.7% of total revenues, due to increased adoption of high-speed 3G/4G services. Operator investments in 4G roll out and expansions and focus on offering affordable smartphones and cheaper data tariffs will drive future mobile data services growth in India. Operators will offer a range of voice and data bundles to drive the data adoption. In the fixed segment, investments on advanced broadband technologies, including GPON and vectoring technologies, will be catalyst for fixed broadband growth. Pay-TV operators will focus on extending their content libraries besides introducing innovative plans and services to attract customers. Moreover, operators will continue to add local content to target regional customers.
Full Report Details at
* With the world's second largest mobile market, India telecom revenue will reach $42bn, or 1.9% of nominal GDP, by year-end 2015.
* Pyramid Research expects telecom service revenue to reach $51.2bn in 2020 (CAGR of 4% over 2015-2020) driven by operator investments in 4G network enhancement and fiber broadband network expansion.
* The revenue mix will continue to be dominated by mobile services, due to focus on further expansion of 3G and 4G services. Fixed and mobile data revenue will increase subsequently and will account for 30% of total revenue in 2020, up from 20.6% in 2015.
"India: Data-driven Spectrum Acquisitions Leading to Consolidation are Set to Transform the Telecom Market in India" report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in India today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into India's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
* Regional context: telecom market size and trends in India compared with other countries in the region.
* Economic, demographic and political context in India.
* The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
* A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data.
* Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- India - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband
- United Kingdom: Market Enters Consolidation Phase with Healthy Trends Across Fixed, Pay-TV and Mobile Services
- Australia - Mobile Infrastructure
- Germany: Consolidation, Convergence and Next Generation Networks and Services Will Drive Healthy Competition.
- Argentina - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Digital Media - Statistics and Analyses