Mobile Commerce in Latin America: Opportunities for MNOs Beyond Payment - New Study Released
New Wireless research report from Pyramid Research is now available from Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Fri Apr 17 2015] 'Mobile Commerce in Latin America: Opportunities for MNOs Beyond Payment,' a Telecom Insider Report by Pyramid Research, briefly describes the concept of m-commerce and showcases the m-commerce value chain, which includes mobile-responsive and mobile-based merchants. We discuss the drivers and challenges for MNOs to increase their presence within the m-commerce value chain in Latin America, analyzing the impact on MNOs under a technology, demand and competitive perspective. We conclude with some case studies and outline the opportunities to MNOs to improve their positioning within the m-commerce space by leveraging mobile merchants' experience in Latin America.
Full Report Details at
* MNOs can play a more active role within the m-commerce value chain through the development of services and solutions that support the pre-payment and post-payment stages of mobile merchant's experience. Some MNOs perceived that the payment stage is simply transactional and, although important, it is not a key attribute for customers in the research, and selection stages.
* Many mobile merchants are expanding their operations within Latin America. While large mobile merchants create their in-house m-commerce structures, mid-sized mobile merchants need funds to promote their expansion and also the support of third-party providers to enable their operations.
* OTT providers are increasingly developing new services and solutions to support mobile merchants. In a market which is content driven, OTT providers have competitive advantages such as access to extensive customer data, social media capabilities, and a vast experience in the online advertising field.
* Despite the increasing competition from OTT providers, MNOs are considered the most complete m-commerce enablers, once they already own the network, and also have attributes such as access to a large base of customers, and access to technology.
"Mobile Commerce in Latin America: Opportunities for MNOs Beyond Payment," a new Latin America Telecom Insider by Pyramid Research starts by briefly describing the concept of m-commerce. It showcases a comprehensive m-commerce value chain and also outlines the customer experience within from a merchant and customer perspective. It explores the main drivers that impact MNOs to foster their presence in the m-commerce value chain in Latin America. The report then analyses the main challenges that MNOs have to overcome in order to position themselves as ICT providers to mobile merchants. Three case studies of Mexico and Brazil are presented, bringing evidence from some of the most prominent developments within the m-commerce market that were implemented by MNOs in Latin America. We conclude with a summary of key findings and a set of recommendations for MNOs, fixed-mobile operators and vendors.
Reasons to Get this Report
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Latin America - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband Overview
- Global Digital Economy - The Rapidly Evolving E-Commerce and M-Commerce Markets
- M Commerce Market - Worldwide Forecasts & Analysis (2014 - 2019)
- Latin America - Telecoms, Mobile and Broadband Forecasts
- Brazil: With Telecom Growth Slowing, Telcos Seek Mergers to Strengthen their Presence in Latin America's Largest Market