Market Report, "Kuwait Telecommunications Report Q2 2015", published
Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Kuwait Telecommunications Report Q2 2015", is now available at Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Mon Mar 09 2015] Despite its small size, Kuwait's telecoms market remains attractive, as high income levels support strong demand for high value mobile and wireline services. However, intensifying price competition between the country's three mobile operators an d the government's clamp down on expatriate workers pose downside risks to both value and subscriptions growth in the market. Operator data from end of 2014 reinforces BMI 's view that mobile content and data are steadily increasing as operator revenue drivers , with the launch of 4G/LTE networks in 2013 and 2014 creating opportunities for telecoms operators to partner with content providers to boost take-up and usage of 3G and 4G services.
Full Report Details at
* Despite high penetration the mobile market continues to report robust subscription growth. Total subscription increased 17.9% year-on-year (y-o-y) to 7.5mn at the end of September 2014.
* Monthly blended average revenue per user (ARPU) declined to KWD6.9 (USD23.7) in Q314, compared to KWD7.8 at the end of 2013, as Zain and Ooredoo respond to the disruptive influence of VIVA through price competition.
* Data from ITU suggests that fixed-line connections reached 508,000 in 2013, which is roughly in line with BMI's estimates. Meanwhile, ITU estimated fixed-line penetration at just 15.1% in 2013, down from 19.2% in 2008.
* The broadband market holds significant growth capacity, with penetration remaining low considering income levels in Kuwait and in a regional context. BMI forecasts the market to reach 889,600 subscriptions and a 25% penetration by the end of 2015.
Key Trends And Developments
VIVA's impressive growth in Kuwait's market has considerably altered market dynamics and has forced both Zain and Ooredoo to revise their local strategies.
Ooredoo has struggled the most in the mobile market since the arrival of VIVA in late 2008, falling behind the new entrant by subscriber market share in 2013. In BMI's view, Ooredoo underestimated the...
The Kuwait Telecommunications Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent industry forecasts on the future strength of Kuwait's ICT market, covering the fixed-line, mobile and internet segments and analyses latest regulatory developments and corporate news, including investment activity, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and partnerships. Leading operators and manufacturers are fully profiled, highlighting their quarterly financial performance, capital expenditure plans and latest contracts.
BMI's Kuwait Telecommunications Report provides industry professionals and researchers, operators, equipment suppliers and vendors, corporate and financial services analysts and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the telecoms industry in Kuwait.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Mexico Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Norway Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Romania Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Bangladesh Telecommunications Report Q2 2015
- Philippines Telecommunications Report Q2 2015