Chile: Competition Increases in Mobile Data Segment as Government Pushes New Regulatory Reforms
New Wireless market report from Pyramid Research: "Chile: Competition Increases in Mobile Data Segment as Government Pushes New Regulatory Reforms"
[USPRwire, Mon Feb 16 2015] 'Chile: Competition Increases in Mobile Data Segment as Government Pushes New Regulatory Reforms' a new Country Intelligence Report by Pyramid Research, offers a precise, incisive profile of Chile mobile and fixed telecommunications and pay-TV markets based on comprehensive proprietary data and insights from our research in the Chile market. Published annually, this presentation-quality, executive-level report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV sectors, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Full Report Details at
* Chile is the second most developed economy in Latin America, measured in terms of PPP-adjusted GDP per capita ($22,630), just below Puerto Rico's ($23,615).
* With estimated revenue of $6.5bn, or 2.6% of GDP, the telecom and pay-TV services market in Chile was the sixth largest in Latin America. We expect telecom service revenue will expand at a CAGR of 2.3% between 2014 and 2019.
* We estimate that Chile closed 2014 with 27.0m active subscriptions and a penetration rate of 152.3%, well above the Latin American average (119.5%). We project that Chile's mobile subscription base will expand during the 2014-2019 period by a 3.1% CAGR pushing the penetration rate to 172.3% by year-end 2019.
* Pyramid Research projects mobile service revenue will grow at a CAGR of 1.6%, from $4.2bn in 2014 to $4.6bn in 2019, with mobile data being the key driver for overall mobile service revenue.
* We expect that narrowband penetration will continue declining over the forecast period, reaching 10.8% by year-end 2019. This decline will be mainly due to a decrease in the number of PSTN lines resulting from fixed-to-mobile substitution and the increase of broadband alternatives, such as cable and FTTH/B.
* Chile ended 2014 with an estimated 2.9m pay-TV accounts and a household penetration rate of 63.6%, below Argentina (80.9%) and Venezuela (72.2%) but above the Latin American average (45.7%). We project a 5.7% CAGR in subscriptions from 2014 to 2019, which will push pay-TV penetration to 80.0% by year-end 2019.
"Chile: Competition Increases in Mobile Data Segment as Government Pushes New Regulatory Reforms" provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Chile today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into Chile's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
* Chile in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
* Economic, demographic and political context in Chile.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Israel: Government Reforms Stimulate Fixed and Mobile Market Competition
- New Zealand - Telecoms, Mobile, Broadband and Forecasts
- Germany - Telecoms, IP Networks, Digital Media and Forecasts
- Middle East - Mobile Voice and Mobile Operators Market
- Australia - Telecoms Industry - Statistics and Forecasts