SplashData Announces All New SplashID 4 for Palm Handhelds and Treo Smartphones
SplashData, the leading provider of productivity software for smartphones, today announced a major update of its top-selling SplashID password manager for Palm OS handhelds and Treo smartphones.
[USPRwire, Wed Jul 11 2007] SplashData, the leading provider of productivity software for smartphones, today announced a major update of its top-selling SplashID password manager for Palm OS handhelds and Treo smartphones. The new version, SplashID 4, offers a host of new features that enhance security, convenience and connectivity.
“All of us juggle so much sensitive information today – usernames, passwords, account numbers, registration codes – that could cause serious harm in the hands of the wrong people,” said Morgan Slain, CEO of SplashData. “SplashID 4 includes the features that make it an invaluable tool for mobile users to easily manage and protect all of this information and prevent their identities from being stolen.”
As with prior versions of SplashID for Palm OS, SplashID 4 includes two software applications that work together – one application for a user’s Palm handheld or Treo smartphone and companion software for a desktop computer. Both the mobile application and the Windows desktop software have been updated in SplashID 4.
Key new features of SplashID 4’s handheld software include:
• Active URL links, an ideal feature for Treo users, giving them the ability to simply tap the URL field to launch the web browser and immediately access a website.
• Four additional data fields for filling in information, bringing the total number of fields in each SplashID record to ten, plus a Notes field.
• Enhanced Password Generator, automatically generating robust passwords that fit specific criteria and rating the strength and security of selected passwords.
• The ability to email records, with SplashID automatically exporting a secure vID file and attaching it to an email message that can be sent to colleagues.
SplashID 4’s Windows desktop companion software has also been completely revamped with updates including:
• Web Auto-Fill, simplifying data entry of user names and passwords in SplashID by using a web browser to go directly to a site and retrieving the username and password to auto-fill in the record.
• Panel View and Tree View, two ways to view all records or categories or types of records
• Database Sync, enabling advanced users to select multiple databases to synchronize with on the desktop and easily share data with other users, even across a network.
• Auto Search, retrieving records simply by the user entering a few letters in the Find box to instantly display results in the results view.
At launch, SplashID 4 works with Palm OS and Windows desktop platforms only. SplashData will be bringing the upgrades in SplashID 4 to other platforms, including Windows Mobile, BlackBerry and Mac OS, later in 2007.
SplashID is the world’s best-selling mobile password manager. Originally released in 2001, SplashID today has over 500,000 users on Palm OS, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, Symbian, UIQ, Windows and Mac OS platforms.
SplashID safely and securely stores all kinds of personal identification information, including user names, passwords, credit card numbers, calling card numbers, bank account data, PINs, medical insurance information, and more. Information is stored in a secure, encrypted format and is quickly accessible on a smartphone or desktop computer. SplashID includes both mobile and desktop software (for Windows and Macintosh) and the data is automatically synchronized between the two.
Pricing and Availability
SplashID 4 for Palm OS and Windows is available at http://www.splashdata.com for $29.95. Current SplashID for Palm OS users can upgrade for $9.95. SplashID may also be purchased in a bundle as part of the SplashWallet Suite, which includes SplashID, SplashMoney, SplashPhoto and SplashShopper for $59.95. A free 30-day trial version is also available for download.