PAINTING THE TOWN GREEN; CAPRICHO RESIDENCES SUPPORTS ECO-FRIENDLY LIVING
Located on Playa Mujeres Resort, a 900-acre peninsula on the Mexican Caribbean, and surrounded by spectacularly untouched vegetation and beaches, Capricho strives to stand apart from neighboring projects by protecting the surrounding flora and fauna, while contributing to a healthier planet.
[USPRwire, Mon Sep 29 2008] In continuous efforts to support eco-friendly initiatives and protect the environment, Capricho Residences is proud to be taking part in a new era of green living alongside the local Mexican government. Located on Playa Mujeres Resort, a 900-acre peninsula on the Mexican Caribbean, and surrounded by spectacularly untouched vegetation and beaches, Capricho strives to stand apart from neighboring projects by protecting the surrounding flora and fauna, while contributing to a healthier planet.
By incorporating a sustainable and sensitive approach to the development, Capricho Residences will encourage eco-friendly living through the following practices:
• Leaving the smallest footprint possible on the land, 60% of the property will remain undeveloped to preserve the surrounding vegetation and animals.
• Supporting the environmental programs in the region.
• Creating a specific rescue program for plants in which they are all transferred to specific nurseries during the construction period where they are taken care of during this period of time. Once the construction is finalized, the plants are transported back again to their area. This way the indigenous vegetation of the area is preserved.
• Blending the infrastructure with the natural surroundings.
• Initiating a water conservation program, in which a high percentage of the sewage water is processed, purified and re-used for irrigation of the property and the two neighboring Greg Norman golf courses in agreement with Playa Mujeres Resort.
• Using solar panels to preheat the water in the boilers, therefore reducing energy consumption and pollution.
• Not using chemicals in the swimming pools, as the regular chlorine is replaced by saline components.
• The thermal energy obtained by the solar panels will warm the swimming pools’ water if needed.
• Using a water condensed air conditioning system that saves 60% of power consumption, generates less CO2 and makes less noise.
• Using energy conservation motion sensors. The light and air conditioning will turn-off or revert back to midlevel when guests leave the room. This will also be established on the common areas of the entire residential and hotel property.
• The residences can be equipped with automatic curtains system to reduce solar radiation decreasing the use of air conditioning.
• Exterior and interior lighting will use very low consumption equipment.
• Sealed insulating glass will be used in all windows and doors and the ceilings will be insulated, therefore reducing energy consumption and making the building energy efficient.
• The complex has been designed respecting acoustic comfort conditions by using water condensed air conditioning systems that are practically silent and by separating the residences with double walls.
• “Capricho by Custo” accents will also be involved in the eco-journey by including organic bath towels and bathrobes in the Spa and boutique hotel that are composed of an ecological cotton that is already tinted and does not need any additional processing.
• Custo Barcelona will use local natural materials such as stone and wood in all his murals.
Capricho Residence’s constant efforts are not only related to preserving the environment, but to creating a truly “environmentally-saturated” lifestyle; all elements of the property’s design are infused with the glorious natural surrounding elements. Dedicated to the responsibility of aiding and protecting, Capricho promises to be involved with Humanitarian Organizations as well in all ways possible so we may all enjoy the benefits that this wonderful earth can provide.
ABOUT CAPRICHO RESIDENCES:
Playa Mujeres Resort, the 900-acre parcel on the Mexican Caribbean, offers all the necessary ingredients to become the new prime destination for the luxury seeking crowd; featuring a 170-strip marina and two championship Signature Greg Norman golf courses. Capricho’s magnificent beachfront location, breathtaking surroundings, access to the second largest coral reef in the world and beautiful array of wild flora and fauna, make this innovative project one of the most sought after developments in Mexico.
In its first phase, Capricho will house 66 two, three and four bedroom residential units ranging from 2,200 to 4,500 square feet, and four penthouse suites at 6,500 square feet including large outdoor terraces. All units will feature unique outdoor spaces including plunge pools, rooftop terraces, or gardens with fire pits. The constant sensation of being in contact with nature will flow throughout the generous landscapes between the buildings. Capricho will also feature several pools, underground parking at each structure, a convenience store and ocean-front grill, a gourmet restaurant, and a private beach club with top of the line gym and spa. The landscape will include extensive gardens, 70 acres of land, more than 9,000 feet of golf course surroundings and 2,300 feet of beautiful beachfront property. Capricho’s ideal distance just minutes from Cancun’s International Airport, as well as its proximity to an exciting downtown area, makes this property a perfect getaway destination all year around. Groundbreaking of the project will begin in September 2008, and be finalized by december 2009.
For Sales Information, please contact 1 866 520 8089
Media Contact: Victoria Castro, 305-856-1981 or