"United Kingdom Defence & Security Report Q4 2014" now available at Fast Market Research
New Defense research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Mon Oct 27 2014] BMI view s the decision to bring the second Queen-Elizabeth aircraft carrier into service in the Royal Navy as based on its ability to project power. BMI thinks that public austerity, from which the UK defence sector is not protected, is likely to leek over into the Strategic Defence and Security Review (SDSR) to be held in 2015
Our security risk ratings calculate the UK as having a high level of domestic security due to a low crime rate and a low risk of interstate conflict. While terrorism continues to be an issue, we view the government as determined to respond to the threat. At the end of August, the national terror level was raised to severe as a response to the so-called 'Islamic State', and the number of UK citizens travelling to Syria for jihad. We think that this threat has the potential to a new threat, which is an even stronger re-emergence of extreme far right groups.
Full Report Details at
* On 1 September, UK Prime Minister, David Cameron outlined new anti-terror legislation before the House of Commons.
* David Cameron announced that the second Queen-Elizabeth aircraft carrier will go into service in the Royal Navy.
* The UK has ordered 589 Scout SV platforms at a cost of GBP3.5bn.
* In July, David Cameron announced GBP1.1bn in defence spending, which was money remaining from last year's budget.
* The fate of the 58 Trident II D5 missiles and the four Vanguard-class submarines deployed on the west coast of Scotland is under discussion as the vote for independence nears.
* We forecast the UK defence budget to rise to USD76.7bn in absolute terms by the end of 2015.
* We forecast the deficit trade deficit to increase by 15.7% year-on-year by the end of 2015.
* We forecast bomb, grenade, mine, missiles and ammunition exports to reach the USD100mn mark by the end of 2015.
* Our security risk rating grants the UK an overall score of 88 for 0414.
* The MOD is expected to lay before the Parliament an annual report in January 2015...
The United Kingdom Defence & Security Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s independent forecasts for national and international security, the defence industry, military expenditure, employment in arms production, and arms imports and exports, as well as examining industry trends and prospects, national and multinational arms producers and the regulatory environment.
BMI's United Kingdom Defence & Security Report provides professionals, consultancies, government departments, regulatory bodies and researchers with independent forecasts and regional competitive intelligence on the British defence and security industry.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- United States Defence & Security Report Q4 2014
- Canada Defence & Security Report Q4 2014
- Spain Defence & Security Report Q4 2014
- China Defence & Security Report Q4 2014
- Germany Defence & Security Report Q4 2014