Newly released market study: Yemen Defence & Security Report 2016
New Defense market report from Business Monitor International: "Yemen Defence & Security Report 2016"
[USPRwire, Wed Jan 27 2016] Yemen remains wholly reliant on defence imports to meet the requirements of its armed forces, as the country does not produce any military equipment domestically. Moreover, Yemen depends on foreign aid to fund defence procurement amid deteriorating economic conditions. Nevertheless, demand for military products remains strong in the country amid the ongoing conflict between pro-government forces and the Houthi-Saleh alliance, rising Islamist extremism and growing calls for southern independence. We expect Yemen to procure counterinsurgency equipment in the land and air segment s over the short-to-medium term; however, in the long term it may seek to develop maritime capabilities in order to strengthen protection of strategic sea lanes.
Demand for defence equipment in Yemen is set to remain strong in 2016 due to the ongoing conflict between pro-Hadi government forces and the Houthi-Saleh alliance. Reflecting this is the high share of Yemen's budget allocated to defence spending, at a forecast 5.3% of GDP in 2016. However, amid deteriorating economic conditions, the overall size of the military budget remains relatively small, at USD1.8bn. This means that Yemen will need to rely on foreign aid to meet the requirement of its armed forces in the short-to-medium term.
Full Report Details at
The Yemen Defence & Security Report features BMI Research's independent forecasts for national and international security, the defence industry, military expenditure, employment in arms production, and arms imports and exports, as well as examining industry trends and prospects, national and multinational arms producers and the regulatory environment.
BMI's Yemen Defence & Security Report provides professionals, consultancies, government departments, regulatory bodies and researchers with independent forecasts and regional competitive intelligence on the Yemeni defence and security industry.
* Benchmark BMI's independent defence and security industry forecasts on Yemen to test other views - a key input for successful budgetary and strategic business planning in the Yemeni defence and security market.
* Target business opportunities and risks in the Asia defence and security sector through reviews of latest industry trends, regulatory changes and major deals, projects and investments in Asia.
* Assess the activities, strategy and market position of your competitors, partners and clients via our Company Profiles (inc. KPIs and latest activity).
Global and Regional Political Outlooks
A strategic overview of the world’s major political risks, identifying countries facing leadership successions and nations at risk of upheaval, inter-state conflict, or separatism and insurgencies, plus a summary of the world’s ‘wild card’ low-probability high-impact risks.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Ukraine Defence & Security Report 2016
- Slovakia Defence & Security Report 2016
- Bosnia-Herzegovina Defence & Security Report 2016
- Slovenia Defence & Security Report 2016
- Mexico Defence & Security Report 2016