New Report Available: Future of the Swiss Defense Industry
Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020
[USPRwire, Thu Dec 10 2015] With a neutral stance during times of war and a reputation for being a peace loving nation, Switzerland has traditionally assigned only modest amounts of its budget to defense. With no major threat from any nation and people voting against the procurement of military equipment and increasing the military budget, the country is expected to register lower military budget growth rates, on par with historical numbers. In 2013, thegovernment increased its defense budget expenditure by 9.4% compared to the previous year, based on a planned equipment procurement program. The growth was triggered by the country's need to invest in military equipment and devices based on new age cutting-edge technologies, replacing outdated equipment. However, in 2014 the people voted against the procurement of fighter jets from Sweden, which resulted in a decline in military expenditure. Moreover, the Ministry of Defence announced in 2014 that, following the vote, the army budget for 2015 will be slashed and this resulted in a decline by 7.1% in 2015. Consequently, military expenditure is forecast to increase steadily, to US$5.2 billion in 2020, at a CAGR of 1.38%.
Full Report Details at
* Over the historic period, defense expenditure registered a decline of 0.96%, decreasing from US$5.1 billion in 2011 to US$4.9 billion in 2015
* Military expenditure, valued at US$5billion in 2016, is expected to increase to US$5.2billion by 2020, registering a CAGR of 1.38% over the forecast period
* Military expenditure will be driven by the procurement of better defense systems and participation in peace keeping and conflict resolution operations
* The Defense Ministry is expected to procure UAV's, multi-role aircraft MRO, and cyber security
Strategic Defense Intelligence's Swiss Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020report offers detailed analysis with market size forecasts for 2016-2020. The factors that influence demand, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants are also covered.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
* Defense industry market size from 2016-2020, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth stimulators. A snapshot of the country's expenditure and modernization patterns are provided
* Budget allocation and key challenges: insights into procurement schedules formulated within the country and a breakdown of the defense budget with respect to the army, navy, and air force. The key challenges faced by defense market participants within the country are also detailed
* Porter's five forces analysis: study the market characteristics by determining the bargaining power of suppliers, buyers, threat of substitution, intensity of rivalry, and barriers to entry
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Future of the Canadian Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape, and Forecasts to 2020
- Future of the Omani Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020
- Future of the Pakistani Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020
- Future of the Polish Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020
- Future of the Portuguese Defense Industry - Market Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2020