"Impact of Low Energy Prices on the Nordic Power Generation Mix" Published
Recently published research from GlobalData, "Impact of Low Energy Prices on the Nordic Power Generation Mix", is now available at Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Tue Jun 14 2016] The energy mix of the Nordic region is largely dominated by hydropower. Thermal accounted for one sixth of the entire electricity generation in this region in 2015. Renewable energy sources account for close to 20% of the electricity generated in this region, and are dominated by wind and biopower.
The electricity prices in the Nordic region have declined in recent years, and the current energy price levels are the lowest in last 12 years. The decline in electricity prices can be attributed to a decline in overall demand due to comparatively warmer weather since 2013, and a decline in prices of energy sources such as coal and oil, leading to increased thermal generation. The low energy prices have encouraged the growth of cheaper energy resources such as thermal and hydro, while the comparatively costly resources such as solar and wind have been negatively impacted. However, this will be a short-term effect; in the medium term renewable energy sources will continue to grow due to the adoption of country-level renewable energy targets, stable energy prices, and the constantly declining generation cost of generation from renewables, which will make the projects viable.
Full Report Details at
* Power generation mix of Nordic region
* Renewable targets in Nordic region
* Electricity and energy prices in Nordic region
* Impact of energy prices in the wind power sector and cancelled wind power projects in Nordic region
Reasons to Get this Report
* Understand the impact of low energy prices on the power generation mix of Nordic region
* Identify renewable targets and power generation mix of Nordic region, average electricity tariff in Europe and Nordic region during the period 2012-2015, and global price of oil and coal between 2010 and 2015
* Gain insight into the impact of energy prices in wind sector
* Identify cancelled wind power projects in Nordic region
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Statkraft Group, wpd Finland Oy, Nord-Norsk Vindkraft AS, Finnmark Kraft AS, Statkraft Agder Energi Vind DA, Statskog SF, Troms Kraft Produksjon AS, Vestavind Kraft AS, Zephyr AS
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- SunEdison, Inc. (SUNE) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Southern Company (SO) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- General Electric Company (GE) - Alternative Energy - Deals and Alliances Profile
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) in the US, Market Outlook to 2025, Update 2015 - Capacity, Generation, Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE), Investment Trends, Regulations and Company Profiles
- Wind Power in the US, Market Outlook to 2025, Update 2015 - Capacity, Generation, Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE), Investment Trends, Regulations and Company Profiles