Top Prom Dress Trends for 2010 from Models Direct
Prom is probably the biggest night in the school year so of course you want to look your best! Here Models Direct outlines some of the key trends to look out for when choosing the perfect prom dress.
[USPRwire, Tue Mar 30 2010] Prom is probably the biggest night in the school year so of course you want to look your best! Here Models Direct outlines some of the key trends to look out for when choosing the perfect prom dress.
• Forget black. This year you can forget about playing it safe and choose something much brighter. Bright, vibrant colours such as red, blue, green and purple are in for 2010 – but if you don’t think they are for you then you could wear a more muted tone.
• Perfect prints. Instead of sticking to one block of color, why not mix it up with one of this year’s biggest trends: prints. Popular patterns include flowers and geometric shapes.
• It’s all in the detail. Embellishments are also big for 2010 prom dresses – just think of Carey Mulligan’s Prada dress at the Oscars, embellished with quirky tiny scissors. If you don’t want something quite so unusual you can always opt for more traditional beads or sequins.
• Hollywood glamour. Speaking of the Oscars, the awards ceremony is a good place to get some inspiration for your prom gown. Models Direct love the sleek, elegant designs that have been seen on the red carpets of award ceremonies this year.
• Short and sweet. You don’t have to stick with the traditional ballgown types of dresses; short dresses are also a popular trend this year. Perfect for those who like to hit the dance floor!
• Metallics. Make an impact with a gorgeous metallic dress in popular shades of gold and bronze. Team with glowing skin for the perfect look.
• Bag lady. The most popular styles of bags to match your prom look are clutches, box purses or small bags with a handy wrist strap, especially in contrasting colors to your dress.
• Shoe rules. Models Direct advise that if you’ve got an elaborate or embellished dress you should keep your shoes simple. If you’re wearing a simpler dress you can go a bit more extravagant with your shoes and accessories. Remember, you should choose a dress first before picking out your accessories!
There are plenty of ideas and styles around that can help you choose what to wear on the big night, which means you have more opportunity to wear something that really shows off your personality. Probably the most important things are that you wear something you feel comfortable in and that you have fun!
About Models Direct
Models Direct (http://us.modelsdirect.com) is a talent and model agency for male, female, teen, child, and infant models for advertising, fashion, movies, TV, promotional and photographic modeling work.
If you think you, or perhaps your partner, child, baby or pet could be a suitable model for us to put forward for selection to appear in movies, TV, fashion, promotions, advertisements and photographic modeling, please visit the website (http://us.modelsdirect.com/become-a-model). Modeling can be great fun & often rewarding as a part time hobby.
You can also find out more by visiting the blog (http://modelsdirectusa.wordpress.com) or by following Models Direct on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/models_direct).