NACE announces new CE courses for psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists
The National Association for Continuing Education (NACE) announces new CE courses for psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists, and licensed mental health professionals.
[USPRwire, Sun Feb 07 2010] The National Association for Continuing Education (NACE) announces new CE courses for psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists, and licensed mental health professionals.
With online continuing education booming, NACE has responded to the requests of members to provide more online courses on post-traumatic stress disorders. NACE now offers the following new online course at www.naceonline.com
Ethical Decision Making for Counselors: A Practical Model – 3 Credits
The purpose of this course is to provide counselors with an intuitive method of resolving ethical dilemmas that is grounded in best practices as outlined in the professional literature as well as the American Counseling Association Code of Ethics (2005). Topics include the differences between ethics and the law, identifying moral principles which underlie the ethical practice of counseling, and how to apply a practical approach to ethical decision-making.
This program is available for 3 continuing education (CE) credits.
Completing this program should:
1. Identify differences between ethics and the law
2. List the purposes of an ethics code
3. Name moral principles that underlie the ethical practice of counseling
4. Identify ways of recognizing and resolving ethical dilemmas
5. Utilize a practical approach to ethical decision-making in counseling and other roles enacted by counselors
6. Identify moral principles associated with select portions of the ACA Code of Ethics (2005)
Mental health providers can search online at NACEonline.com to see the requirements for their state and their profession (http://www.naceonline.com/state_ce.php?sid=29e56bfffe131ae58a869bcd0e90830b)
* NACE is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists.
* NACE is recognized by the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) to offer continuing education for National Certified Counselors.
* NACE, provider #1086, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB)
* NACE is an approved provider of home study CE for the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling, Provider number BAP #687. (Exp. 3/31/2011).
* NACE is approved by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences to offer Continuing Education to both MFT's and LCSW's,. Provider Number TCE2541.
* NACE is approved by the Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists to provide continuing education activities for marriage and family therapists. Provider Number 531. (Exp. 3/31/2010)
* These Continuing Education certifications are also honored by many state boards of Marriage and Family Counseling and Licensed Professional Counselors. Please check with your individual state board or call NACE at 1-866-266-6223
* NACE is approved as a Continuing Education Home Study Provider by the National Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (NAADAC) Provider # 000429. (Exp. 10/31/2010).