"Bahrain Information Technology Report 2015" now available at Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research recommends "Bahrain Information Technology Report 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
[USPRwire, Tue Dec 16 2014] Growth in 2014 was squeezed by the political instability that has been an undercurrent in Bahrain since the Arab Spring, and we believe it could continue to be a drag on growth in 2015, with downside risk should the situation deteriorate. However, there are positive characteristics that should result in medium term growth in IT market spending. Favourable population dynamics, investments in retail and data network infrastructure, government ICT initiatives and the country's expanding financial hub status are expected to be major drivers of growth in Bahrain's IT market. We also point to significant opportunities in the cyber security market as a result of criminal and state-sponsored threats, of which a range of end-users are becoming more aware. Additionally, the relatively untapped but large SME market offers vendors opportunities to sell cloud services where on-premises deployments were previously considered unfeasible. BMI therefore forecasts the total size of the of Bahrain's IT market to grow by 5.6 % to BHD160 mn in 2015.
Full Report Details at
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer Hardware Sales: Estimated at BHD85mn in 2014 and forecast to grow by 3.6% to BHD88mn in 2015. Growth is expected to remain subdued until political instability is resolved, but strong growth prospects for mobile form factors such as tablets and hybrid notebooks remains.
* Software Sales: Estimated at BHD19mn in 2014, and forecast to grow 9% to BHD21mn in 2015. Cyber security solutions are expected to outperform as regional risks and awareness increases, but we also expect strong enterprise spending across a range of cost saving solutions.
* IT Services Sales: Estimated at BHD47mn in 2014 and forecast to rise 8.0% to BHD51mn in 2015, with increased uptake of outsourcing and cloud computing services the major growth drivers.
Key Trends And Developments
The oil and gas, public sector and financial services verticals in Bahrain are the highest...
The Bahrain Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Bahrain Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Bahrain.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Lebanon Information Technology Report 2015
- Argentina Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Bulgaria Information Technology Report 2015
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Serbia Information Technology Report 2015