New market study, "Mexico Information Technology Report Q4 2014", has been published
Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Mexico Information Technology Report Q4 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Mon Aug 25 2014] We have a bullish outlook for IT sector development in Mexico over the medium term due to a convergence of income growth, declining device prices, a supportive policy environment and the development of a local IT ecosystem. There have been several improvements to the outlook in Q4, with Mexico's exposure to the US helping to boost domestic growth, while the government announcement of the Prosoft 3.0 IT development policy framework improved the policy environment. Over the medium term we identify particular opportunities including cloud computing, which is expected to further benefit from government projects such as the new National Digital Strategy and reforms to the telecoms sector , retail hardware demand and outsourcing . We estimate the size of the market exceeded MXN 274 bn in 2013 and forecast a CAGR of 7.0 % 2014-2018, with sales expected to reach MXN385.4bn in 2018 .
Full Report Details at
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer hardware sales: MXN133bn in 2014 to MXN1699bn in 2018, increasing at a CAGR of 6.1% 2014-2018. We expect solid medium term demand growth for tablets and notebooks as vendors innovate with mobile PC design, while desktop demand will grow slower as it is reliant on enterprise/public sector demand.
* Software sales: This is forecast to be the fastest growing segment of the market, increasing from MXN61.9bn in 2014 to MXN85.1bn in 2018, corresponding to a CAGR of 8.3%. Enterprise software adoption the main demand driver, but the use of unlicensed software remains a major drag on spending growth.
* IT services sales: MXN98.5bn in 2014 to MXN131.2bn in 2018, expanding at a CAGR of 7.4%. Driving growth will be sectors such as government, telecoms and financial services, with IaaS expected to outperform as telecoms infrastructure is upgraded and a greater intensity of competition is brought about by new regulations.
Key Trends And Developments
The Mexican government announced the latest version of its IT development policy in...
The Mexico Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Mexico Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Mexico.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Peru Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Turkey Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Chile Information Technology Report Q4 2014