New Report Available: South Africa Information Technology Report Q4 2014
New Computer Technology research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Mon Sep 01 2014] IT spendingin South Africa is mainly driven by the government and large enterprises. However, there is growing interest in IT solutions amongsmall and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)looking to explore new sales and marketing channels as well as improve their operational efficiencies. SMEs have increased their spending on IT systems in recent years as they upgrade PCs and servers, while also starting to adopt enterprise applications and cloud-based solutions. This trend, which is partly driven by the rapid expansion of high-speed broadband networks, creates significant growth opportunities for IT products and services vendors considering the potential of South Africa's SME sector.
We expect the IT services sector to record the strongest growth over our forecast period to 2018, followed by the IT software sector, which is benefitting from the take-up of cloud-based solutions. Falling demand for PCs and laptops, in favour of more mobile form factors such as tablets, has dampened our outlook for the computer hardware market in the consumer segment, although we expect continued government and enterprise patronage to sustain growth, albeit it minimal.
Full Report Details at
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer hardware sales: ZAR36.30bn in 2013 to ZAR38.34bn in 2014, up 5.6% in local currency terms. Declining demand for PCs and laptops and weak local currency will affect growth in 2014.
* Software sales: ZAR22.63bn in 2013 to ZAR24.21bn in 2014, up 7% in local currency terms. We believe the uptake of cloud-based software, which is less susceptible to piracy, will drive growth in software sales.
* IT services sales: ZAR35.36bn in 2013 to ZAR38.34bn in 2014, up 8.4% in local currency terms. We expect cloud computing and business process outsourcing (BPO) services to drive the uptake of managed services and outsourcing.
South Africa is in sixth position in our Q414 Middle East and Africa IT Risk/Reward Ratings table. South Africa's...
The South Africa Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's South Africa Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in South Africa.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- South Korea Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Israel Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q4 2014