New Market Research Report: Romania Information Technology Report Q1 2015
New Computer Technology market report from Business Monitor International: "Romania Information Technology Report Q1 2015"
[USPRwire, Thu Jan 15 2015] We forecast total IT market spending will increase to RON5.3bn in 2014, an increase of 9.8% in local currency terms. Growth of economy and consumer spending growth in addition with government spending will spur the IT sector expansion in Romania. The government is to invest EUR 3.9bn into the country's IT sector and a number of multinational companies have recently announced expanding their operations in Romania.
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer hardware sales: RON2.8bn in 2013 to RON2.9bn in 2014, +8.1% in local currency terms. A return to growth for desktop and notebook sales will supplement strong growth in tablet volumes in 2014.
* Software sales: RON1.1bn in 2013 to RON1.2bn in 2014, +10.6% in local currency terms. Piracy continues to hold back growth rates, but there will be a boost to software spending due to OS upgrades following the withdrawal of support for XP in April 2014.
* IT Services Sales: RON1.2bn in 2013 to RON1.3bn in 2014, +10.0% in local currency terms. Romania is already a popular destination for outsourcing and multinational firms continued to invest in facilities in 2014.
Full Report Details at
Key Trends And Developments
The provision of financing for ICT initiatives by the Romanian government and the European Union has been important in driving IT market development in recent years. BMI expects this trend to remain in place over the medium term after the Ministry for Information Society published an updated version of the Digital Agenda for Romania 2014-2020 in July 2014. The updated document includes a projection for a total of EUR2.4bn of ICT investments, which is expected to translate into 13% GDP growth, employment growth of 11% and a decline in administrative costs of 12% 2014-2020. Of the total ICT investment EUR850mn is expected to be secured from European Operational Program funding. EUR495mn is allocated to broadband rollout, EUR100mn to e-government and inter-operability, EUR85mn for ICT in education, EUR50mn...
The Romania Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Romania Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Romania.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Venezuela Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Argentina Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Malaysia Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Thailand Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- China Information Technology Report Q1 2015