New Market Report: Thailand Information Technology Report Q4 2014
Recently published research from Business Monitor International, "Thailand Information Technology Report Q4 2014", is now available at Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Mon Oct 06 2014] Thailand's IT market continues to be impacted by economic and political uncertainty, which is a drag on enterprise and consumer confidence . H igh household debt and baht depreciation also weigh on our forecast in 2014, but we expect the situation to improve markedly from 2015. Over the medium term s trong growth is forecast across all IT segments mak ing the Thai IT market one of the largest and fastest growing in the region. Drivers such as high private final consumption and the economy's strong growth trajectory will support the market's expected expansion. In addition, fundamentals such as increasing connectivity and the falling price of devices are enabling a wider range of potential users to enter the market. We see strongest growth in product categories such as tablets , cloud computing, big data analytics, real-time business management systems and enterprise software adoption among SMEs.
Full Report Details at
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer Hardware Sales: THB108.9bn in 2014 to THB130.2bn in 2018, with CAGR of 4.6%. Desktop and notebook demand expected to stabilize after withdrawal of support for XP and cuts to Windows OS licensing fees, but low-cost tablets will remain fastest area of growth.
* Software Sales: THB36.6bn in 2014 to THB48.2bn in 2018, at a CAGR of 7.1% 2014-2018. Key drivers will include enterprise OS upgrades and productivity enhancing investments, particularly among SMEs that are looking to control costs and achieve scale.
* IT Services Sales: THB51.1bn in 2014 to THB76.9bn in 2018, with a CAGR of 10.8%. We expect IT services will be the outperforming segment of the IT market as cloud computing demand drives growth.
Key Trends & Developments
The cloud computing market is developing rapidly in Thailand as international vendors target the growth opportunity, while local firms and telecoms operators are also looking to get a foothold in the market. Vendors targeting the growth opportunity in Thailand include...
The Thailand Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Thailand Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Thailand.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Czech Republic Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Israel Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q4 2014