Malaysia Information Technology Report Q3 2014 - New Market Research Report
New Computer Technology research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Tue Jul 22 2014] The Malaysian IT market is expected to continue on its strong developmental trajectory over the medium term due to an accommodative economic environment and supportive government policy. In the hardware market , s ales of tablets are helping to compensate for the slowdown in desktop and notebook shipments. W e believe lower priced u ltrabooks and hybrids/convertibles, as well as new devices using Intel 's Haswell chips, will boost sales in the short-to-medium term , thereby capitalis ing on the strong consumption story in Malaysia. Meanwhile, i n the enterprise market growth will be slightly slower, with corporate customers more hesitant as a result of ongoing global economic uncertainty. However , there will be some areas of strong growth , including security software and services, as well as outsourcing and cloud computing.
Full Report Details at
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer Hardware Sales: MYR8.7bn in 2013 to MYR9.2bn in 2014, +5.5% in local currency terms. A strong consumer outlook will support spending on tablets, notebooks and hybrid devices.
* Software Sales: MYR2.9bn in 2013 to MYR3.2bn in 2014, +10.6% in local currency terms. SME spending presents a significant opportunity for vendors where enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) penetration remains low.
* IT Services Sales: MYR5.4bn in 2013 to MYR8.6bn in 2014, +11.0% in local currency terms. IT services is expected be the fastest growing segment of the market, with enterprise spending on outsourcing, cloud computing and security services driving demand growth.
Key Trends And Developments
The computer hardware market in Malaysia has seen a marked shift in the device sales mix since 2012, with the popularity of tablets cannibalising some notebook demand, while other consumers acquire them as complementary devices to traditional form factors. The popularity of tablets is evident in the fact household tablet penetration reached 15.3% at the...
The Malaysia Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Malaysia Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Malaysia.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Russia Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Kuwait Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Romania Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- France Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q3 2014