Malaysia Information Technology Report Q1 2015 - New Market Research Report
Fast Market Research recommends "Malaysia Information Technology Report Q1 2015" from Business Monitor International, now available
[USPRwire, Mon Jan 05 2015] Growth is expected to slow slightly in 2015 compared to 2014 b ut, nonetheless, we believe the Malaysian IT market has a bright medium - term outlook, due to a supportive economic environment and a government policy framework encouraging the development of the market . In the hardware market, rising incomes and increased access to affordable data connectivity, along with cuts to Windows licensing fees, will boost consumer and enterprise spending. Meanwhile, over the medium ter m, vendor innovation based on Intel's Haswell chips and Windows touch functionality will help vendors capitalis e on the strong consumption story in Malaysia. I n the enterprise software and services market growth will be also be robust as firms look to harness increasing volumes of data - as well as respond to heightened competition across Southeast Asia with efficiency generating investments. A reas we identify for especially strong growth includ e security software and services, as well as outsourcing and cloud computing.
Full Report Details at
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer Hardware Sales: MYR9.5bn in 2014 to MYR9.8bn in 2015, +3.1% in local currency terms. A sharp slowdown in tablet sales growth forecast, but resurgence in notebook growth will partially offset and keep market in positive growth territory.
* Software Sales: MYR3.9bn in 2014 to MYR4.4bn in 2015, +10.9% in local currency terms. Spending growth expected to slow slightly from 2014 as OS upgrades were brought forward by the withdrawal of official support for Windows XP in April 2014.
* IT Services Sales: MYR6.1bn in 2014 to MYR6.8bn in 2015, +11.1% in local currency terms. IT services is expected be the fastest growing segment of the market, with enterprise spending on outsourcing, cloud computing and security services driving demand growth.
Key Trends And Developments
Since 2011, the most prominent trend in the Malaysian IT hardware market has been the explosive growth of tablet...
The Malaysia Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Malaysia Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Malaysia.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Venezuela Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Argentina Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Thailand Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- China Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Germany Information Technology Report Q1 2015