Lebanon Information Technology Report 2015 - New Market Report
New Computer Technology market report from Business Monitor International: "Lebanon Information Technology Report 2015"
[USPRwire, Thu Dec 11 2014] Weaker than expected economical growth has lead BMI to downgrade its outlook for Lebanon's IT market, as a result we believe that it is expected to reach LBP575bn in 2014. Growth will rebound as of 2015, however , and the market will expand at an average rate of 7.24% over 2015-2018. While political instability and the lack of structural reform have lead to downgrading of economic growth short-term, BMI believes that there are a number of factors ultimately contributing to the IT sector's growth. These include rising incomes, declining device prices, improvements to telecoms infrastructure and modernisation by enterprises and the public sector. On the downside, IT development in Lebanon is subject to significant uncertainty as a result of security issues, which could be destabilising depending on the conflict in Syria. Further, we identify the vulnerabilities of the Lebanese IT industry to cyber security threats, which could undermine confidence.
Full Report Details at
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer Hardware Sales: LBP372.113bn in 2015 to LBP457.01bn in 2018, +6.63% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) in local currency terms. Tablet sales are booming, supporting rapid growth in total PC units. However, with consumers increasingly opting for cheaper Android tablets, increases in market value will fail to keep pace with unit growth.
* Software Sales: LBP56.86bn in 2015 to LBP73.77bn in 2018, +9.12% CAGR in local currency terms. There is potential for strong growth in the software market, but piracy remains a major drag on market growth.
* IT Services Sales: LBP181.1bn in 2015 to LBP229.67bn in 2018, +7.9% CAGR in local currency terms. IT services will underperform software in the short term, but as telecoms infrastructure improves we expect outsourcing and cloud services to drive growth higher.
Key Trends And Developments
The poor quality and coverage of telecoms infrastructure, as well as high cost, has been a bottleneck on the development of the...
The Lebanon Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Lebanon Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Lebanon.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Bahrain Information Technology Report 2015
- Argentina Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Bulgaria Information Technology Report 2015
- Mexico Information Technology Report Q1 2015
- Serbia Information Technology Report 2015