India Information Technology Report Q3 2014 - New Market Report
New Computer Technology research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Tue Jul 22 2014] India's IT market continued a run of strong growth in 2013 and and remains one of the leading emerging markets with huge medium term potential. We forecast Indian IT spending will increase 12.4% to INR2.1trn in 2014 - with strong growth across all three market segments. The hardware opportunity is particularly large in India due to regionally low PC penetration, declining device costs, rising incomes and government procurement initiatives combining to promote sales growth. However, the extreme level of inequality will ultimately limit growth. Meanwhile, IT services continue to outperform in terms of growth rates as has been the case traditionally in India's IT market. Outsourcing firms are innovating and acquiring to expand product portfolios and generate non-linear growth, which should sustain the segment as a whole despite competition from other low-cost locations.
Full Report Details at
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer Hardware Sales: INR1.21trn in 2013 to INR1.35trn in 2014, +11% in local currency terms. The wider availability of low-cost tablets and laptops, rising incomes, increasing connectivity and government procurement will boost spending.
* Software Sales: INR203.4bn in 2013 to INR221.6bn in 2014, +9% in local currency terms. Solid but unspectacular uptake of Windows 8/8.1 and the continuing high incidence of piracy mean software spending growth will underperform.
* IT Services Sales: INR452.2bn in 2013 to INR531bn in 2014, +17.4% in local currency terms. Large projects are expected from the government, including its push to developing a private government cloud, as well as from other key verticals that are implementing cloud solutions.
Key Trends And Developments
The rapid development of the hardware market in India, with uptake of tablets particularly strong, has attracted investment from international vendors. For instance, Taiwanese vendor ASUStek aims to build market share in India to 10% of the tablet sector by the end of 2014. The...
The India Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's India Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in India.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Russia Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Kuwait Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Romania Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- France Information Technology Report Q3 2014
- Colombia Information Technology Report Q3 2014