Egypt Information Technology Report Q4 2014 - New Report Available
New Computer Technology research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Fri Nov 07 2014] We have a positive medium - term outlook for the development of Egypt's IT market, but in the short term growth will continue to be held back by Egypt's fragile politi cal and economic environment . Additionally , the impending reduction of financial support to Egypt from Gulf states will further weigh on growth over the short term. However, over the medium term growth will be driven by trends such as the develop ment of Egypt as a hub between the Middle East and Africa , the growth of the outsourcing industry and cloud computing adoption . Our generally positive outlook is also underpinned by a low penetration of PCs and IT services , which BMI expects vendors to capitalise on as private consumption growth gradually gains momentum over the five years to 2018.
Full Report Details at
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer Hardware Sales: EGP6.28bn in 2013 to EGP6.95bn in 2014, up 10.6% in local currency terms. Enterprise upgrades, government procurement initiatives and the increasing availability of low-cost tablets will all drive growth in 2014.
* Software Sales: EGP2.12bn in 2013 to EGP2.51bn in 2014, up 17.9% in local currency terms. OS upgrades following the withdrawal of Microsoft support for XP in April 2014 provided a boost to software spending.
* IT Services Sales: EGP2.89bn in 2013 to EGP3.46bn in 2014, up 19.7% in local currency terms. The growth of the local outsourcing and software development industry is key to IT services growth, further supported by rising public and private sector demand for cloud-based IT services.
Key Trends And Developments
BMI considers Egyptian government policy in several areas to be conducive to the development of the IT market. The latest major announcement came in May 2014 when Egypt's Communications Minister Atef Helmy stated that more than EGP130bn (USD18.5bn) must be invested in the development of Egypt's ICT infrastructure by 2020. We would expect large investment in ICT...
The Egypt Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Egypt Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Egypt.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- France Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Romania Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- China Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Information Technology Report Q4 2014