Canada Information Technology Report Q4 2014 - New Market Study Published
New Computer Technology research report from Business Monitor International is now available from Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Wed Nov 19 2014] We expect Canada's IT market to record growth of 3.2% in 2014, and forecast a CAGR of 4.1% 2014-2018. The maturity of the Canadian IT market means that growth rates will be markedly slower than those achieved by emerging markets in Latin America , but in terms of spending per capita Canada will continue to be one of the most lucrative markets globally. Premium consumer hardware will remain a growth area, with Apple expected to hold onto its prominent position, but over the medium term the areas we identify for outperformance include enterprise adoption of cloud computing, real-time software and services and big data analytics. There is however downside to this outlook, with confidence in cloud - based solutions undermined by revelations surrounding NSA activities , although vendor investment in local presence is driving datacentre spending .
Headline Expenditure Projections
* Computer hardware sales: CAD18.7bn in 2013 to CAD19.2bn in 2014, an increase of 2.5%. Tablet growth is expected to slow from 2014 due to saturation, but growing demand for hybrid notebooks offset some of the slowdown.
* Software sales : CAD11.7bn in 2013 to CAD12.1bn in 2014, an increase of 3.7%. There is enterprise software growth potential among SMEs, as well as for advanced deployments for large enterprises.
* IT Services sales: CAD22.4bn in 2013 to CAD23.2bn in 2014, an increase of 3.6%. We expect cloud computing will drive IT services market growth outperformance in 2014 and over the medium term.
Full Report Details at
Key Trends And Developments
BMI has a positive view for the growth potential for Internet of Things (IoT) products and solutions in Canada over the medium term. The quality of network infrastructure, technological literacy among enterprise decision makers, high labour costs and vendor investment all help to provide a platform for IoT adoption. There is significant growth potential, with Canada yet to take advantage of the IoT, with a...
The Canada Information Technology Report features Business Monitor International (BMI)'s market assessment and independent forecasts covering personal computers and software; semi-conductors, memory chips, integrated circuits and general components; the internet and IT solutions. It analyses analyses regulatory changes (licensing, customs and intellectual property protection) and competitive landscapes comparing IT companies by products, sales, market share, investments, projects and expansion strategies.
BMI's Canada Information Technology Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, IT associations, government departments and regulatory bodies with independent forecasts and competitive intelligence on the IT industry in Canada.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- France Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Romania Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Indonesia Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- China Information Technology Report Q4 2014
- Sweden Information Technology Report Q4 2014