Insight Report: Global Trends in Merchant Acquiring - New Market Research Report
Recently published research from Timetric, "Insight Report: Global Trends in Merchant Acquiring", is now available at Fast Market Research
[USPRwire, Wed Nov 11 2015] Timetric's 'Insight Report: Global Trends in Merchant Acquiring' provides insights into the changing card acceptance landscape, and emerging opportunities. It also:
* Explores the merchant acquiring structure
* Analyzes the role of aggregators in the merchant acquiring industry
* Captures key industry trends that are likely to shape the industry over the next five years
* Discusses the state of merchant acquiring across the world
* Explores key mergers and acquisitions in merchant acquiring between 2013 and 2015
Full Report Details at
* The lines between business areas controlled by different market participants are becoming more blurred, with participants assuming multiple roles, including acquiring, processing, security and technology.
* Challenges imposed by regulation and demand for the latest technology have prompted banks to outsource or spin-off their acquiring businesses. At the same time, merchants have benefited from a drop in merchant service charges, increased payments innovation, industry-wide standardization, data analytics, omni-channel solutions and improved customer experience.
* The industry has moved towards price competition due to the commoditized nature of products and services, which has increased pressure on profit margins. The situation has become troublesome for acquirers as regulators worldwide cap debit merchant service charges (MSCs) and interchange fees in an effort to reduce MSCs.
* Card acquiring has become more accessible to micro merchants and small businesses. Technology such as mPOS and GPRS-POS are enabling merchants to accept cards without a landline connection. Advances in transactional security such as EMV, point-to-point encryption and 3D-Secure are also reducing acquirers' risk aversion to smaller merchants.
* Another key development in the industry is the dismantling of borders and ability to offer services in multiple countries - especially in e-commerce. For instance, in SEPA there are no more country boundaries, so an acquirer can legally operate from anywhere it wants.
* The report overs the top-line card-acquiring market size, at both global and regional level.
* It provides rankings of the top 10 merchant acquirers globally.
* It gives a snapshot of the industry structure for card transactions acquired at POS terminals.
* It covers emerging trends influencing the business dynamics of the merchant acquiring industry.
* It analyzes key growth opportunities.
* It covers key strategic deals and investments between January 2013 and May 2015.
* It explores the role of merchant aggregators in targeting untapped markets.
Reasons to Get this Report
* Understand the changing dynamics of merchant acquiring and gain insights into key technology.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156 (1.413.485.7001 Int'l)
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The Cards and Payments Industry in Germany: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2019
- Insight Report: Business Strategies for Targeting UHNWIs in Asia-Pacific
- Special Report :The Global Market for Malt Beverages
- Caribbean Tourism Report Q4 2015
- Global Operation Business Process as a Service (BPAAS) Market - Trends & Forecast to 2020