Fabric Conditioners Market - Industry Analysis (2013-2018) and Opportunity Assessment (2019-2027)
Worldwide sales of fabric conditioners exceeded revenues worth US$ 9,000 Mn in 2018, and is expected to record a CAGR of 3% through 2027.
[USPRwire, Fri Jun 14 2019] According to a new study of Fact.MR, worldwide sales of fabric conditioners closed in on 3,000 thousand tons in 2018, and are estimated to record a 2.7% Y-o-Y growth in 2019. The fabric conditioners industry has been underpinned by a slew of factors that range from development of environment-friendly products by manufacturers to increasing number of R&D activities for improving the water absorption and softness retention properties.
- The Fabric Conditioners Market registered a value CAGR of nearly 2.5% during the period 2013 to 2018. The fabric conditioners industry is focusing on offering superior performance products to expand their customer base.
- Worldwide sales of fabric conditioners exceeded revenues worth US$ 9,000 Mn in 2018, and is expected to record a CAGR of 3% through 2027.
- Europe will remain the leading market for fabric conditioners, with sales estimated at over US$ 3,200 Mn in 2018. Key market players in the region are focusing on encapsulating enzymes in fabric conditioners and detergents, for making them reusable.
- Asia-Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) is expected to remain a high-growth market for fabric conditioners, with sales projected to record a Y-o-Y growth at over 4% in 2019 over 2018.
Request Free Sample Report @ https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=3489
What are Key Growth Determinants of the Fabric Conditioners Market?
- Consumer demand for innovative and superior quality products has been encouraging vendors to launch fabric conditioners with unique packaging, technology, and quality at competitive prices.
- Growing focus of the fabric conditioners industry on portfolio extension by including novel products, to gain a competitive edge, continues to remain a key growth influencer.
- Increasing awareness on water pollution and environmental issues, linked with the laundry care products, has been providing an impetus to the development of eco-friendly fabric conditioners, and encouraging manufacturers to take green initiatives.
- Demand for fabric conditioners remains significantly upheld by commercial end-users, who have directed their focus toward providing softness and elasticity retention, while eliminating problems associated with fraying and squashing the fabric.
- Development of coconut oil-based fabric conditioners is being viewed by manufacturers as a more environment-friendly, hygienic, and economically feasible solution compared to the conventional product formulations. Lower cost and enhanced properties of these fabric conditioners is expected to drive their sales, in turn favoring the market growth.
What are Key Challenges Faced by the Fabric Conditioners Market Players?
- Respiratory problems and skin irritation associated with key ingredient of fabric conditioners, quaternary ammonium compounds (‘quats’ or QAC) that are used to prevent static, has been one of the major concerns among manufacturers.
- A key concern associated with regular use of fabric conditioners is the build-up of fatty films, which makes the fabric less absorbent. In addition, use of fabric conditioners has been associated with stain spots and waxy accumulations on clothes. These concerns have been limiting the adoption of fabric conditioners.
Outlook Complete Research Report with TOC @ https://www.factmr.com/report/3489/fabric-conditioners-market
Fabric Conditioners Market – Competitive Landscape
- Blended by perfume experts, the Honeysuckle & Sandalwood fabric conditioner, launched by Comfort, offers long-lasting fragrance, and super softness, while maintaining the shine and color of clothes. Aroma of rich sandalwood sweetened with honeysuckle, along with delicious hints of exotic frangipani and vanilla, are key ingredients of Comfort’s Honeysuckle & Sandalwood fabric conditioner.
- Procter & Gamble Co. launched its first plant-based range of Downy fabric conditioners, designed and developed for protecting clothes against damage during wash. With this product, the company aims at encouraging consumers to incorporate plant-based products in their daily chores. These fabric conditioners are produced by using post-consumer recycled content (25%), and have been claimed to be 100% recyclable.
- Unilever PLC, the U.K.-based leading company in the FMCG industry, operating through home care, beauty & personal care, and food & refreshment products. Overall revenues of Unilever PLC closed in on US$ 57 Bn in 2018. Unilever PLC has gained popularity as one of the largest producers of laundry care products, thereby contributing to the fabric conditioners industry to a significant extent.
- Headquartered at Germany, Henkel AG & Co. KgaA has been a leading manufacturer and supplier of home and laundry care products. It has significantly contributed to the laundry and home care industry by offering fabric conditioners, softeners, detergents, kitchen & bath cleaners, scouring agents, and all-purpose cleaners. The revenues of the Henkel AG & Co, KgaA exceeded US$ 22 Bn in 2018.
- Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc, based in the U.K., has been one of the largest manufacturer of home, hygiene, and health products. Overall revenues of the company in 2018 crossed US$ 16 Bn. Identified as one of the prominent companies in the laundry care industry, Reckitt has launched various products including stain removals, fabric washing products, fabric conditioners and detergents.
- The U.S.-based manufacturer and supplier of consumer products, Colgate-Palmolive Company operates via two main segments, namely, home, personal & oral care and pet nutrition. Laundry care products are also among major offerings of the company, including high-performance detergents and fabric conditioners. Total turnover of the Colgate-Palmolive company in 2018 surpassed US$ 15 Bn.
Liquid fabric conditioners have gained high popularity as most effective solutions for eliminating odors and reducing the static in clothing. Sales of liquid fabric conditioners have remained robust, despite their relatively greater cost, with revenues estimated at over US$ 4,200 Mn in 2018. Alternative uses of liquid fabric conditioners, including removal of hard water stains, and preventing static shocks, are further expected to favor their sales in the near future.
A key trend that has been gaining utter traction in the fabric conditioners market is growing adoption of dryer sheets. Greater affordability of dryer sheets in combating the static cling, while providing softness and fragrance to clothes, has been driving their demand among consumers.
Intelligence and insights on the fabric conditioners market offered in this report are derived by using a robust, reliable research methodology. The methodology involves extensive primary interviews with leading industry players and opinion leaders, along with exhaustive secondary researches wherein insights are gained from credible databases. Information obtained from the primary interviews is further used for validating the insights gained from secondary researches. This report serves as an authentic information source for its readers, enabling them to make factual decisions for future growth of their businesses in the fabric conditioners market.
Enquire about this Report @ https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=AE&rep_id=3489
Fact.MR is a fast-growing market research firm that offers the most comprehensive suite of syndicated and customized market research reports. We believe transformative intelligence can educate and inspire businesses to make smarter decisions. We know the limitations of the one-size-fits-all approach; that's why we publish multi-industry global, regional, and country-specific research reports.
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852